Google

9.11.2006

Just another Manic Monday

In memory of my missing pink razr (which I'll get back when I am able to purchase new stuff with renter's insurance- YIPEE I got the forms to fill out today, what a joyous occasion).

The cosmos have begun to make up for all of the crap that has happened in my life lately. What great and wonderous thing happened, you say

The Cowboys lost yesterday! Sure, the Packers got their asses handed to them on a Solider Field platter but I can handle such a loss when the Cowboys also lose. The big problem is that I no longer have a TV to watch football. ARGH! I'm writhing in pain. However, I just found out the Broncos also lost so my day is slowly getting better.

On a serious note, the things that have disrupted my life lately are by no means near the disruption nor as painful as those that our president sees fit to bring up every chance he gets. While I severely dislike our current president and his administration, he did have the distinction of being in charge when many citizens of the US and other countries were brutally killed in what can only be called a vicious attack. Remembering such events really puts the woes in my life in perspective and makes them, well, meaningless. My own form of prayer has been issued today for those who had loved ones perish, with it my wish that they can continue to survive daily and hopefully the pain will subside at some point.

If only our county could pull together as we did at the end of 2001, think what feats we could accomplish.
-Erradication of homelessness... you bet!
-Cleaning up our environmental messes to the benefit of buisnesses and laypeople alike...as quick as you can read it!
-Welfare reform, the jobless rate, cleaning up natural disaster areas (even if I do think this may not always be the best idea), cleaning up the prison system...

You get my point. As Americans (myself included) we have gotten so complacent about our surroundings. We are too caught up in our own lives to realize that we CAN do something that will help someone immensely. Sure it's difficult and time consuming but think (if you believe in heaven), you'll get bonus points in heaven, (if you don't believe in heaven) you get immediate satisfaction and gratification. Sometimes, this can be done with a smile and a "hello." I know those menial things have greatly helped me out on days when things were looking down.

I'm getting off my soapbox and going home. This time (and for awhile, yet) I'm getting my exercise by riding my bike home. Hopefully I won't get caught in a deluge like I did on Friday...

peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter