Google

9.25.2006

Does buying furniture make you sedentary

This question has been plaguing me for quite awhile now. Mostly because I don't have any furniture and I've been thinking of buying some but I've been on the move for so long (on average, I move once every year) that the purchase of non-used furniture seems like a huge luxury to me.

Now that I've (as my mom says- which is NOT true) settled down and have a real job (thanks education!) and actually have money to spend in a somewhat frivolous manner, I can purchase furniture if'n I want. So, here's the deal. I bought a papasan (for my life, I don't know how to spell this word but I'm sure Jess will tell me in that nagging way you develop when you turn 30) chair and matching (gasp!) ottoman. Which basically means that my gordo gato and I have a nice comfortable place to sit but if I happened to have company (who am I trying to kid here) they wouldn't have anywhere comfortable to sit. Maybe that doesn't really matter because, let's face it, I don't have people over. What's the point?

Ok, Jess and Bridge, I know what you're thinking. Yes, I can read your sick and twisted little minds all the way from Albuquerque. The point of inviting someone over is so they can bring you booze (preferably beer) and then, depending on how the rest of the night progresses, you can offer them the 'spending the night' option. However, I've decided that the next time I get involved with some guy, I'm not going to play the 'spending the night' card for awhile. Jess doesn't think I can do it but to be perfectly honest, I don't want to make the same mistakes that have plagued me and my relationships in the past. So I guess we'll have to see who's right, me or Jess. I think it could probably go either way depending on the guy...

1 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

i retract my statement on the grounds that if Paris Hilton can do it, i believe that you can too.

you are nowhere near as dumb as she appears to be.

something like, that, um, yeah.

go, fight, CELIBACY!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter