Google

9.20.2006

Yo Ho... Yo Ho... A pirates life for me!


I am going to just give you some nice happy facts about pirates on happy Talk Like a Pirate day.


Walking the Plank... did pirates really make captives walk the plank? Most likely not, but apparently Bartholomew Roberts once forced some of his captives to do it. Oh, and the Pirates of the South China Sea were also fond of making their captives do this too.
It was actually easier to just "heave to". Which is just picking up the captive and throwing them overboard. Man... Pirates are MEAN!

Moses' Law was flogging. 40 lashes minus one. So, um... 39? Why in the hell not just call it 39 lashes then? Oh, I got it. Because 40 lashes would be unchristian like. Were pirates Christians? LOL.

Want to learn about pirate flags? Go to the site listed below this section. I had no idea that there were more than one Jolly Roger. Makes me want to create me own. Ar Ar... matey
http://blindkat.hegewisch.net/pirates/jolirouge.html

I couldn't belive the amount of Jolly Roger information they had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter