Google

1.18.2007

Farewell North Dakota

ND has been fab. They had what can only be called a heat wave while I was here. I think it got up to 30 degrees yesterday. Today it is around 20 but with the wind chill it feels more like -5. The Bismarck Airport is small, but very clean and modern. They have FREE wireless Internet! Without that, this post would NOT have happened.

I had a lovely pedicure (complete with french mani'd toes) in the mall. I bought a pair of wonderful Doc Martens sandals for very cheap. I guess people don't buy flip-flops in the winter. HELLO! I wll be wearing the same shoe size come May!

The people here are very friendly and the clients I came to visit were super. I must also give 2 thumbs up to the 2007 Toyota Camry, which was my rental car. Now, most people may not get off on driving a rental car, but I just love it. Keep in mind I drive a 1994 Honda Accord, and while it was truly fabulous in 1994 and even in 2002, it is getting to be NOT so fabulous in 2007. The heater barely works and a giant chunk of paint is missing from the rear driver's side door. The aesthetics I can deal with. The lack of heat: completely MISERABLE.

Another two thumbs up for the Best Western Seven Seas Inn, home of Mandan's largest indoor waterpark. Indoor, I reckon, b/c it is way toooo cold to swim here ever. LOL. I never did find the Seven Seas. Maybe next year. The food in the restaurant was yummy and they had a cute little lounge. I would also tell you the staff delivered Miller Lite right to my room, but I don't know if they bent the rules in doing that or not. So, I won't tell you that I ordered beer room service style.

I miss my kids and I miss my man, but it has been very nice to be away by myself, too. This two-day jaunt is the perfect trip length I have decided.

Well, my plane is about to board, so I gots to jam. Back to real life.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Business trips...gotta love them.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post just riled my hackles. I had a favorite pair of doc sandals - which because of freak circumstances I replaced THREE TIMES. I don't want to do it again, but I love those things. DAMMIT!!

Actually, a trip away sounds great. But I would have to take Faith!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tim - so true!

holli - i would love to take my kiddos, but then they would miss school! i had a pr of doc sandals i loved so much, i had the shoe cobbler replace the buckles on them at least 3 times. who actually goes to a shoe cobbler??

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have you beat by two years! I drive a 1992 Accord... but then, my heater works...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Yay! Tim is here!

I'm glad you are coming back. Who else am I going to leave "Dirty" notes from annonymously at work??????

Tee hee.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter