Google

1.10.2007

barbaro suffers significant setback

**forgive me horse lovers. in fact, if you are a horse lover, you may just want to skip reading this entire post.**

does anyone REALLY care that barbaro has suffered a significant setback?? does anyone even watch the kentucky derby or whatever horse race he broke his leg in? if you do, you MAY need to evaluate your life! ** the race was the preakness...if you care!

this is national news! on the MSN homepage! on FOX sports! On Yahoo!! what has this world come to?

illiteracy, high gas prices, the high cost of post-secondary education, drugs... all are apparently UNIMPORTANT. or at the very least, second to the health of BARBARO. a HORSE. not even a horse who can talk or count with his hooves. what has this horse done??

i wonder if journalists fight with their editors to cover the barbaro saga... "No really, Bob, YOU take the Superbowl coverage - I got Barbaro! Diane, you take that interview with Tiki Barber after his last game and Steve, you have a meeting with LaDanian Tomlinson (my FAVE football player, btw! GO CHARGERS) this afternoon. I want to check in with Barbaro's vet staff and I have a meeting with Barbaro's personal chef later today. I might want to get an independent stool sample as well to verify his diet. that chef seems less than honest. "

seems to me that covering the barbaro story would be the death of any journalism career.

for the life of me, i cannot understand why this is news. nothing else is going on?


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - I don't get upset if someone doesn't get all whipped up like cream about animals like I do. And I certainly don't want to hear about Barbara, when some of these horses end up on performance enhancing drugs until they drop dead or break a leg and get shot in the head!

I know that will piss horse fans off. I've gotten railed out for that opinion before.

I get way more irate when they feel the need to have important news break scrolls on the bottom of CNN about Britney or Tom Cruise crap!! Not that I don't immediately snap out of vedge mode, freak that I am. But hey - I'm a freak! Freaks shouldn't be driving the news!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i must admit i like star trash.

i know. i know. HYPOCRITE!!!

at least i admit it!!!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter