Google

1.05.2007

bathroom scale: friend or FOE? vote now!

i may have lost 6 pounds since i officially weighed in, but who the hell is counting? i officially started working out on christmas night, but didn't start the food diet until jan. 1.

i abhor the bathroom scale. getting on it is ALWAYS a crap shoot. i never know if the scale is a friend or a foe until i actually step on it. and then, i always do a mental assessment of what i am wearing, what time of day it is, did i recently use the restroom, did i just have a big lunch or a snack? THEN when the magic number finally pops up, i have SOME sort of justification for WHATEVER number it is.

if i am weighing in a bit heavy, it must be the shoes i am wearing. or the really big, heavy hoodie i have on that day. even if the hoodie is on the back of my chair and not even attached to my body. or i just drank too much diet mountain dew. or i should just try to go to the bathroom.

speaking of diet mountain dew, i have mentioned it like 37 times on this blog. i have YET to receive even a free 6-pack of diet mountain dew from pepsi. and i know they can afford it. i know they can.

back to weighing in. if the number is surprisingly low, well i have no idea wtf happens because that has NEVER happened!! i haven't seen anything lower than 152 in the past year. when i see a 4 in the second number spot i am going to justify it with a 24 oz. miller lite.

i can't wait. xoxo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

I know you can do it! I am in that same crap boat.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're working out, you're covered... muscle weighs more than fat, so if your wait goes up, it must mean you're gaining more muscle... right?

Seems logical to me...

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I weighed myself for 5 years on the fed ex scale. Without shoes. I got caught on it (it was up on a table) several times. I'm also convinced fed ex is overcharging people for shipping.

eagle is right.. working out makes you weigh more.

I think the best thing to do is ALWAYS BLAME THE SHOES!!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I don't allow scales in my house because they're evil and say mean things ;)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came back and read this when I was bored the other night (from my cell phone at like 4am) and I read the portion about blaming it on a hoodie lying on a chair across the room. I don't know why, but in the middle of the night that struck me as so funny I laughed and woke everyone up. Faith went "MOMMY - NO!!!" I should have said "Faith, you have to read this!!"

pftz

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holli:
LOL that is funny!

i am grateful i could make you laugh!!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter