Google

4.26.2007

having an Al week

which according to StickEE, is now a statement that can be used to indicate that during the week, everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

now, i'm aware that I am the Al that is being spoke of in this statement and yet I still have Al weeks. this week, is one of those weeks
let's start with the beginning

Monday- started out fabulously. t (from colorado springs) helped make coffee and send me on my merry way before heading home. went to work, day filled with sampling. during said sampling (oh, lo about mid-day), i stepped off the tailgate of the truck and..
HOLY SHIT!!! DID THE CROTCH OF MY PANTS JUST RIP????!!!!
sho nuf! and i'm working with 3 guys (who, btw, were laughing their asses off, as they should be) who give me loads of shit and then hand over the pipe tape so i can take care of the situation. lesson--- purchase boxers and wear them when doing field work

Tuesday- still sampling. forget a very important piece of shipping information on samples. this means that the field lead in the office gets some guff and then, very nicely, reminds me to pull my shit together and not to forget such things

Wednesday- still sampling. leave my work bag in the car while i head up to the office to load up our equipment. WAIT! HOLD THE PHONE! WHERE ARE MY CAR KEYS?! NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! locked my keys in the car, along with the work bag (which has my phone, my with phone, my drivers license, etc). the new guy and i attempt to unlock the door. luckily for me i have AAA, so i sent new guy (also known as fng) to start the day while i waited to be saved by the knight in the white truck
while sampling, get a call from field lead. seems as though i'd effed up something else on tuesday. great effing day, tuesday is. mine are NOT monumental or phenomenal unlike the tuesdays that other people are privy to have.

Today (that's Thursday)- drop my car at the mechanic's (tail lights now fixed) and hop on the bike. put bike on bus and head to office. bus has horrible shocks and coffee spills all over my pants. realize, while in office, that it also spilled all over my white shirt. AWESOME! office day at work. no effing up just data entry and talk radio. set up for a long bike ride home (kind of like the fleetwood mac song "take the long way home"). less than 1/2 way through my ride, back tire is flat, flat, flat. good thing bikers are nice and one stops to pump up the tire. it maintains enough air for me to make the short jaunt to REI to purchase new tube.
good thing guy stopped. and REI was close. i was >15 miles from home. that would have been a long walk.

main lesson for week- pull head out of ass

anywho- if ever YOUR week goes as mine usually do, please feel free to call it an Al week and then tell me about it. i like to know i'm not the only one who has such shitty weeks, every now and again

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

OMG... I am sooooo sorry you have had such a shitty week.

Wow.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to use your name in vain next time I have a suck week ;D

10:23 AM  
Blogger jess said...

LMAO at ripping your pants, then fixing them with tape. ROFL.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Al said...

i laughed my ass off at the ripped pants. it was hilarious. and then fng asked me later in the day "do you have any extra tape?"
i cracked up.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter