Google

7.15.2007

And another thing

I now have a reputation, possibly, in the well drilling world for being a complete and total bitch who complains about every little thing that the driller and drill crew do that I don't like.

Turns out that the last driller I worked with was fired because a co-worker and myself complained, legitimately, about some problems we had with him and his crew.

What it came down to was that he made inappropriate comments directed towards us but not TO us. He also verbally expressed discontent with us and our project.

Between you and I, the project wasn't all that great. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool project but we had some problems with the drilling that neither us (the geologists) nor them (the drillers) had any sort of control over. They were things we had to work around, and working with a driller who had a bad attitude (but great sense of humor) and was nothing less than hormonal exacerbated the problems.

But that doesn't make me feel any better about this guy getting fired because we had issues. I feel like a total ass!

Have you ever gotten, unintentionally or not, anyone fired? If so, how did you feel about it? Am I just extra sensitive?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

ok, now you are overcompensating with the hard return. one space between lines is all that is required. :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger jess said...

oh...and i have totally fired someone AND gotten someone fired. i don't feel bad about it all. it was necessary. no one likes to carry someone else's dead weight!

2:36 PM  
Blogger jess said...

and one last thing...it's probably a good thing the well drilling world is a small one, or you'd be SCREWED for life.

haha!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter