Google

7.11.2007

tha dawg dayz of summer, yo

it's hot. and not just hot, but HAWT. it's been 95 plus for more than a week...and it's going to stay that way for at least another week. it's even hot at night...the temperature doesn't get much lower than 60. it was 82 degrees at 10 a.m. at least that's what the bank clock said. you know how accurate those are!

as a direct result of the heat, my brain has almost ceased functioning. the days at work are lonnnnnnnng. and as long as they are, they are dullllllll. (in my best ben stein voice...)

it's enough to drive me insane.

the a/c in my car does not work. it's $600 to fix. to remedy this small problem, i park under the one tiny tree in the work parking lot, with the windows rolled down. yesterday, i get to work, and this dude i work with has stolen my space. everyone knows i park there. it's official: i hate him. he probably doesn't care, but so what? neither do i. QUIT PARKING IN MY SPACE!!

i don't know if it's the heat or if they are just bored, but my kids are driving me NUTS. this is my morning, EVERY morning...

the scene: mom is in the bathroom, rushing to get ready for work, because as usual, she hit snooze one too many times. a tiny timid knock comes at the door...
me: yes...
jenna: whine whine whine (i can't hear her, b/c she didn't open the door...which she KNOWS i hate, b/c i CAN'T HEAR HER!)
me: honey, you'll have to open the door and come in. i can't hear you.
jenna: (in a ginormous whiny voice) mom, will you help me find clothes? i can't find any clothes.
me: honey, you picked an outfit last night.
jenna: but i don't like that one.
me: did you sleep well?
jenna: no. jakey kept me up all night long. he stole the covers.
me: go get dressed.
jenna stomps off, crying. she later returns for me to do her hair. this always leads to much crying and threats for me to CHOP IT OFF. and i am not kidding. (it's almost down to her butt.) so i finally come out of the bathroom, gather my things, rush around, tidy up, etc...then...
jenna: (whiny voice again) mommy, i just don't know what to have for breakfast today. there's nothing to eat.
me: you didn't eat yet? honey! you've had 20 minutes!!
jenna: i don't know what to have!! (and she's CRYING)
me: how about toast? (as i slam two pieces of bread in the toaster. i can't BELIEVE this is happening again.)
jenna: fine. can i have sugar on it?
me: NO.

at night, they fight incessantly. jenna's always tattling or crying, jake's always laughing and taunting his sister. i honestly don't know how much more i can take. this...after i drive home for 30 minutes in traffic, with no a/c and parking space dude STOLE MY SPOT...so he can make his five minute drive home.

it's time for bed. at least my home is air conditioned. please send good thoughts to the families of the firefighters fighting to contain the milford flat wildfire in central utah, and to anyone who lives there or who is traveling near there.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

OMG... your text message makes so much more sense now.

/sigh

I hope tomorrow your spot isn't taken.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... somedays I'm glad to be kidless!

as for the firefighters, my brother and bro-in-law are out there. on top of the blazing heat & fire they wear 50 lbs of gear. it's a rough job so they are glad for your good (cool) thoughts!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter