Google

10.31.2006

Moms Rule...or at least they SHOULD!

so, i wonder if it is possible to truly appreciate your own mother BEFORE you have your own kids. i am not so sure that it is. i was thinking about this today as i sped home from work after a meeting with our mar/comm manager to catch my son's starring role in a halloween reader's theater at his school. i cannot count the times where i have had to make a crappy choice between my kids and my job... i am certain there are many other moms out there who can relate.





this is me when my kids go on and on and on and on and ON about whatever.

i love them, they just talk so damn much. about nothing. i truly love it when i get to have real conversations with them.

this is also me when they bitch about eating something i have cooked. sit down, shut up and eat. i love you.

call it a weakness, a crutch, whatever, i don't care. I MUST HAVE caffeine on a daily basis, preferably before 9 a.m. chai, a cup of coffee, a diet mountain dew, or a diet coke with lime. i don't care what it is, just give me the caffeine. maybe i could just get a shunt in my arm for a steady stream of caffeine to be delivered to my cells intravenously.



the following conversation REALLY took place... on the phone. i was at work. jenna even dialed me up herself.
me: hello?
jenna: mommy? this is jenna. (as if i couldn't tell) you forgot my dance clothes and i have dance today. TRANSLATION: you are the worst mother ever. thanks a bunch for taking care of me
me: aw...honey. i am sorry. we were sure late this morning, weren't we? note: we were late b/c jenna didn't want to brush her hair or get dressed. she was very cranky and threw one of her "morning episodes."
jenna: can you bring them now?
me: i will work something out.

although i don't have a uterus, i still have ovaries. this means that once a month, i am especially pleasant to be around.

the trick is to identify WHEN that time is. not only do i have absolutely NO idea, other people seem to struggle with my mood swings, too.



do i really need to say anything about this one?

and is there anything MORE awful than YOUR OWN mom being right when you are an adult mother with children of your own?

maybe your mother-in-law being right. yes, that might be more awful.

my son, who is practically a rocket scientist (just ask him, he'll tell you!), is always in one way or another, letting me know how retarded i really am. bless him for keeping me grounded.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

SO with you on the caffine.

I hate that my mother suddenly knows just how to mother now that I have kids.

Bothers the hell out of me.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter