Google

10.13.2006

When you have a friend that is a geek...

The other day I had a conversation with Jess (aka "J"). I am only bringing it up because I laughed my ass off while conversing with her.
Oh, yeah... back to the point. The conversation was about me stealing her idea to write about Heroes. Well, um, I didn't "steal" it.


I think I should mention that Heroes would be considered under my category of acceptable blogging material. (I am totally kidding here! Please don't kick my ass J!)

Nascar and anything fashionable would be J's categories, oh, and anything smart.

Politics and rocks would be Al's, as would our environment and anything healthy.

I am the resident geek on this blog. I will admit it. I have always been the "geek". Both Jess and Al have consistently taunted me over my love of reading and watching Sci Fi and Fantasy. Now that Sci Fi and Fantasy are cool... look who is back in the "in" crowd.

Um...

Not me...

I was only kidding.


Myself.

Or at least I was trying to kid myself.

Here are just a few facts about me.
I LIVE Star Wars.

I like Star Trek.

I Love Sci-fi. If you can't tell by now. I really do. My daughters middle name is from the book series The Foundation by Isaac Asimov. Really. http://www.asimovonline.com/

I actually played City of Heroes which is an online multiplayer game about... you guess it... Heroes.

My husband has the X-men comic books in my kids rooms right now.

I also read fantasy. Often. Then I reread fantasy... Often.

I wish I didn't live on Earth.

I secretly believe there are real super heroes out there somewhere.

What does this tell you you might ask?

That I am a geek. Oh yes it does. I fully admit it now.

What does this also tell you?

That Jess and Al were definitely cooler in High School than I was.


Oh, some notes for Jess and Al...
In the new Spiderman that is coming out soon... Spiderman turns into Venom. This alien creature goes into his suit and turns him evil. Oh, and his friend ends up being the Hobgoblin. They fight a lot, but Spidey never kills him. He can't forget their friendship. This is all from the comic books. FYI


Spiderman 3 - preview





Oh, and I love you J and A!!!

Thank you for putting up with your geeky friend all these years!

4 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I found it amusing that while you want to have superpowers I just want my boyfriend to.


Sad, I know.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Thanks for the heads up Bridge. However, I will have it be known that you were WAY cooler than I in high school and still are. Also, I have a life-sized cardboard cutout of Darth Vader in my living room (which I took without asking, BTW) and R2D2/Imperial March ring tones on my phone.
Also, I hate to burst your bubble about Spidey, but I knew that. Remember my ex was a HUGE comic book fan. In fact I'm really upset that I don't have a DVD player cuz I haven't yet seen X-3! A travesty, I know!
So, from one geek to another, I love you man!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeks rule the world!!!

Oops... did I say that out loud?

4:57 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Yeah, I knew the Spidey stuff too!

Maybe I am a bigger geek than I had originally thought.

DAMMMMMMIT.

X-3 ROCKS. ROCKS.

Love you too. Mucho. Long time.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter