Google

10.16.2006

Nothing ever happens in Podunkville, aka Logan, UT

NOT!

Residents of the valley of Cache can no longer say that after this week! ABC's popular show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is coming to Logan. The Bridge (aka The Rhino) and I (aka Tiny Butt) are covering the event LIVE and DAILY this entire week. Check back every evening for details! You can click here for news about the homebuilder who volunteered, too.

We have heard it is "impossible to get in" and "you have to have a pass or know someone." And of course, because this is a relatively small town, everyone here knows someone who has an IN.

Including ME. I won't drop any names, cuz that would be Paris Hilton-like. And I ain't her. I know people at the University and I know people at the Herald Journal. BUT I STILL DON'T HAVE A DAMN PASS. Post a comment on this blog if you can hook up the TB/TR news team with pass so we can cover this exciting local event on See, Speak, Hear no Evil.

We could go get a press kit, but you have to be an "accredited journalist." Crap. I have a journalism degree. Now where the hell do I get accreditation?


Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is one of my favorite shows. I love the houses, the families are so humble and let's not forget the host, Ty. If nothing else, he is a great reason to watch this show. No shirt, he knows how to use power tools, AND he wears Chuck Taylors... he is just a cutie!(photo is totally used without permission, much like many of the other photos on this blog.) I hope we don't get Napstered or something.


In other news, the flagship store of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints opened last week. Yes, I am talking about Deseret Industries, aka the DI. For those of you unfamiliar with Utah and/or Mormons, please allow me to introduce you to the DI. This is a thrift store... you know, a place where you take all the junk you don't want or can't even SELL at a garage sale. Employees at the DI, who are usually faced with mental or physical challenges, sort through your stuff, wash it, etc. and then it is resold at a significant discount. Here in Cache Valley (and unfortunately probably throughout Utah and Idaho) there is even an annual high school event called a DI Dance, where you come dressed in DI attire and drive the biggest junker car you can find. People started lining up at midnight the night before the grand opening. To get in and find the best junk first.

Will wonders never cease??

Seriously, stay tuned for EM: HE video, brought to you live by TB (that is me, Tiny Butt, aka The Bitch) and TR (that is Bridge, The Rhino).

4 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Eh. I know tons of people and am not even going to try.

I shot a short video on the barrier of the scene but that is probably the extent. Bridgy, give me a call when you stalk the place and I will come too

3:05 PM  
Blogger Al said...

hey- WHERE is the place. I know people that have ins with builders...
plus, since i don't live there anymore i'd like to know ALL about it!
who'd a thunk it? Logan, UT?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

I don't know the exact address...

Between 1000 and 1100 North

Either 300 or 400 East

Basically near the hospital.

5:26 PM  
Blogger fri yet said...

jess, the ski patrol is doing security at the EMHE site... are you a member of the ski patrol?

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter