Google

1.23.2007

make little moments count


i take things for granted. not very often, but even a little bit is probably not ok.

my daughter wanted to fall asleep next to me, then have me move her to her bed. so, after her bath, i tied her hair up in rags so it would be curly in the morning, and tucked her in. she is beautiful...and one of my greatest accomplishments, next to my son.

i have a great career, i finished my degree AFTER a crappy divorce and i am in a great relationship. none of these things matter without taking time to enjoy moments like this.

thank you, self portrait challenge for inspiring me to take this picture. otherwise, i would not have done so.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

It's a beautiful photo!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the little moments that make all the hell you go through worth it.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ah! That is so cute. My mom used to do rags in my hair, too.

I am hopefully going to join the ranks of SPC again in February cause this month and last sucked a duck.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess...life is so very complete when there are little feet pattering about. I am such a hallmark kind of sap when it comes to my kids and grandkids.
On another note...you know that something is out of balance when the Patriots lose to the Colts in the play-offs. I'm sure that global warming has something to do with it.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter