Google

9.26.2006

Tentative blind dates and car stereos

So I finally decide to come out of my proverbial shell a bit and possibly let jess set me up with her hair guy. I kept putting her off for many reasons, one of which is the state of residence difference. Now that I gave her the possible go ahead all she does is give me a hard time. Like I don't know that I'm getting old and am still alone. Really. She's. She acts like she's known me for years. Let a girl be vulnerable for once, eh?
oh, and not to mention that she doesn't see the distance as that big of a deal. I believe her exact words were "he can cut hair anywhere."
methinks she's trying to get me hitched or at least seriously involved so she doesn't have to listen to me bitch and whine all the time (thanks, btw).
I'm just feeling a bit down in the dregs about the whole dating thing. You know how it goes when you get rejected. whatever the reason, you feel like a complete slob for awhile and inevitably your self-esteem is affected. whatev. I'm not sure if the whole thing gets harder as you get older or if I'm just taking it extra hard for some stupid reason today. mayhap it's because the only guys who have hit on me lately are not guys I would ever really consider going out with. Let's face it, I'm kind of shallow but only in the sense that I have to physically attracted to a man to date him.
which brings me to the car stereo mentioned in the title. I purchased a car stereo on Saturday and today is my big installation day. It just so happens that I bought the stereo at the same store I bought my TV (and, mind you, this is PURE coninky-dink). Well the guy who sold me my TV (broken I might add) was totally hitting on me and was not really that cute. I thought about going back in today during the wait time for stereo installation to flirt but mostly to see if I can get some free food and beer out of it.
see that guys, you only want one thing from us and, really, we only want you to buy us stuff.

one more unrelated thing- I have this problem whereby I like to save multiple drafts of some important email or blog entry so I can work on it periodically through the day. In this way I can really formulate my thoughts and speak my mind in an open and eloquent way. Well, the other day I was sending a very important email and instead of hitting save, I hit send. Oops! execpt, it's likely to happen again in the future. So if you're ever reading this and see something of the sort, you'll know I hit publish instead of save. It's my bane (although not near as destructive as Isildur's)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter