Google

12.19.2006

fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra

yeah, i know dasher and dancer. personally. just ask santa claus. i had the chance to get to know rudolph, but it turns out he was really busy that day.

yes, i am a little crazy. i am high on cold medicine ( i did a line of zicam, too!) and i am on my second miller lite. i am watching the very first back to the future... and i had forgotten how entertaining it is. i also just finished wrapping almost all of my christmas gifts.

if you knew me, you would know this is quite a feat. i usually am up until about 2 or 3 a.m. on christmas morning, desperately and tiredly (is that a word? i am gonna guess no, but i feel like using it anyway) wrapping the last of my gifts. my goal this year is to have all of my gifts wrapped by dec. 21. i think i am going to make it!

as usual, i have purchased wayyy too much stuff for my kids. i shop all year for them, picking up little things here and there. while this works out great for the pocketbook...it is NOT great in november when i realize i have a small mountain of gifts. plus, i have hidden things so well at times that i FORGET I EVEN HAD THEM. how dumb is that?

i could use some hints on a gift for the future mother-in-law. i got her a poinsettia last year. would it be lame to give her one this year, too?

please excuse my wandering thoughts this evening. i hope i can kick this cold by thursday at the latest. 'tis time to jam and do another line of zicam! i hope this stuff really works!

**edit** did any of y'all notice the "'tis time to jam and do another line of zicam" line rhymes? truly poetic on a night such as this. mwah.

and i can't WAIT to see the christmas story again. in case you didn't realize, the title of this post was inspired by that movie. xoxo. love you all, faithful readers! (all 5 of you!!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

um... would you care to go xmas shopping for me? i am soooo behind.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always get my Grandma a Amaryllis bulb. She likes it and it's akin to a Poinsetta.

4:59 PM  
Blogger fri yet said...

you sound stoned out of your gourd little girl! but you made me laugh [as usual]. just don't give the future mil the same poinsettia you gave her last year. i like the amaryllis idea. they are really beautiful and last quite a long time.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Good hell. I am ALWAYS envious of those who can shop all year for Christmas.

It is the freaking 21st and i do not have ONE gift yet. arg

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter