Google

12.28.2006

New Year's Resolutions: A Draft

Yeah, so I have never been one to set New Year's Resolutions. They seem like such a HUGE waste of time, I never actually DO them and then I feel like a big fat-ass failure.

How is that different than ANY other goal I have set for myself in the past? Yeah, that is totally another post. At any rate, this year I feel it is important to set some sort of guidelines/goals for the coming year. Here they are, in NO particular order:

1. Be a better mother to my kids. Listen to them, spend more time with them, read to them more often and buy them LESS stuff. I already hug them and tell them I love them on a mucho regular basis. I think they would enjoy having more quality "mom" time. I will also yell LESS. I always feel like a ogre when I yell, but sometimes it seems that is the only way they know I really am serious about them cleaning their rooms, picking up their toys, or to stop wrestling and fighting.

2. I need to lose 20 pounds. Yeah, those of you who know me will say BULLSHIT, but trust me on this one, ok?? My pants are starting not to fit and no matter WHAT you say, if I can't do the buttons up without straining, swearing and sweating, MY ASS IS GROWING TOO LARGE. Twenty pounds by April 30. That is about a pound a week, and should be EASY. I have already started exercising more. My problem isn't food....it is my sedentary lifestyle and my job which requires me to sit on my ass ALL DAY LONG.

3. Be a better person all around. Speak positively, think positively and build up others around me. Recognize the good in people and find ways to bring those qualities out. Lead through example.

4. I really want to write a book. I have NO idea what I want to write about yet, but I want to spend 2007 thinking about it. HA HA.

5. Be much more in tune with my finances. I want to buy a newer car and I need to buy a house.

I think those are a great start and probably plenty to think about for now. They are also written, published and on display for the world to see. Maybe, if you are lucky, you will get an update as to how I am doing with my 2007 Resolutions.

Happy New Year!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

Yeah... good luck with those. /wink. I will totally support you in these any way I can.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer to set resolutions in vague generalities.

"I will be a better person this year"

I could pick up some litter from the sidewalk and I've fulfilled my resolution. It helps the ego to acomplished something huge like this ;D

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter