Google

2.02.2007

Jesus Saves Sinners and other thoughts from SW Utah

So this weekend I drove up to visit a friend (the illustrious T) in St. George, UT.


What can I say? I have 4 days off and I'm not very good at staying home (unless of course, I'm in Albuquerque, then I rarely leave the house) so off I drove.


When I get back, I'll post about the drive and share some photos. Sorry, no polygamist complexes or families but I hauled ass through Colorado City, AZ and kept my doors locked just in case...


I did, however, get ahold of some pictures T and I took while at a crappy little county fair in Sioux Falls, SD earlier this year. Why in the eff would we pay to fly to the fair, you ask? Alice in Chains (sans Layne) was playing and we HAD to go.


This great sign at a church was happened upon totally by chance and we took pictures as quick as possible. The neighborhood was a bit on the scary side.


But it's not like we could pass up the chance of such a photogenic advertisement and obvious attempt to save our sinning selves. The biggest issue we had was that it was too dark to get a picture of either of us with the sign. /sigh


We had much better luck with the "Welcome to South Dakota" signs. T happens to love SD because of a little bike rally held yearly in a place called Sturgis. Maybe you've heard of it?


Anyway. Last night T and I went to the Fraternal Order of the Eagles bar in good ole' St. George. It was definately an experience. I got hit on by a kid. Seriously, I think this guy was 21- at most. I say this not only because he looked young but because his "lines" were unrefined and obviously not tried and tested (nowhere near the bluntness and magnitude of 'nice shoes, wanna fuck'). So, he asked me how old I was and my name.

Of course I lied about both (FYI- my new bar name is Amber). When I told him I was 25 he informed me that I was older than he (ya think!?) but that he swore I had sneaked in on a fake ID (yeah right, kid. you really think I'm dumb enough to buy that shit?). Are you freaking kidding me?

While it was a nice compliment, he was so full of shit his eyes were brown- as the saying goes.

And what's worse, he didn't even offer to buy me a beer. WTF and WTF? What kind of kid (oops, guy) expects to take a chick home from the bar if he doesn't even offer to buy a gal a drink?! SERIOUSLY?

On a good note. I was told that even though I was new meat I was definately 'hot' meat and that's why all the dudes were checking out yours truly and her very slappable ass. But only one, T's co-worker, purchased me a drink. What's that about? These guys are either extremely shy or just not down with buying a new girl a drink.

Anywho- enough of that. Today we went to the salon and I got a pedicure (which RULED!!!) and a haircut. While I was waiting for T to get her hair colored, I had mine styled. Yep. You read that correctly. I actually let this woman blow dry and put product in my hair. T took pictures, which I'll have to show at some other time cuz they're on her camera.

All in all, the trip has been great thus far and I look forward to our bar night, with picture scavenger hunt, tomorrow night. As for now, Miller Lite and 3000 Miles to Graceland are calling.

And remember, Jesus saves sinners. At least in SD...

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

Off to SD I must go then. For eternal salvation at least. I really need to see the "styled" picture too. I don't believe you!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It was wise to keep your doors locked in Colorado City... they need new blood and apparently you have a "slappable ass"!
;-P

10:35 AM  
Blogger jess said...

boooo south dakota.

everyone knows that NORTH dakota is where it's really at.

DUH.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good GAWD - that Colorado City stuff freaks me right out the door.

I so totally used to dig Alice in Chains. Not in the most wholesome years of my life - but I would have gone!! Did they play Rooster???? Man in a Box??

Jealous!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter