Google

3.22.2007

Milestones in my life that I could do without...

I hope someone missed me. I really have been MIA.

I have had quite a few important milestones in my life this week. I am also about to have some more. Yeah for me. I hope you find these as humorous as I did. Trust me... you want to read this.

MILESTONE #1
Here I am putting my son and daughter to bed. They are being all cute. Then my son decides to tell me that he loves me.

In burp.

Yeah, my son burped, "I love you mom."

Boy am I proud.

MILESTONE #2
My daughter is having a play date at a friends house. The mom asks what she wants to drink. Something like milk or juice. My daughter replied juice. Then she leans over and whispers to her friend, "I like to drink juice because it tastes like wine." Yes she was overheard!

Um, my daughter is 5!

No I haven't given her wine!

My husband and I figured out that it was the sparkling apple juice we gave her in a champagne glass for New Years that did it. She figured she had the real stuff. Obviously it tasted like juice... because it WAS.

I am thankful that this friend doesn't think I am LAME.

MILESTONE #3
I get to register my daughter for kindergarten.

Um, I am getting old. I will be going to the city office to do this tomorrow. I think I might cry.

Leading to the next milestone...

MILESTONE #4
Yeah, I am turning 29... yet once again. Maybe more than once again, but older. Yes older. I'll be having a party this Sunday.

Everyone who reads this blog is invited. From 3:00 to 6:00 at my house. If you really want to come and haven't received a personal invitation from my husband just email me and I'll send you the invite. bestmonkeyfriends@yahoo.com

Al, you will be drunk in Vegas so NO INVITE FOR YOU!!! Although you still are invited. I hope you have fun.

Thank you everyone who reads. I appreciate every comment you make. Have a great Friday, and a fabulous weekend!

Bridge

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Happy Birthday Bridgy-babe! May you have many more stellar milestones this year.

3:03 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I haven't been on here because blogger hasn't let me comment for two freaking days - F'ers!!!

I would like to be adopted, or marry into your family - or just be a pet or something, because my burping talents totally aren't considered milestones around here. I feel greatly underappreciated and I'm not kidding when I feel VERY sad about that. Someone that truly knows the value of a Baby T-Rex burp should have married me. And Faith doesn't even care when I start burping the alphabet - or that all the kids on the park say I burp way better than their dads.

Happy 29. I'm so flipping old I don't even flipping care. I could probably be your mother - burp.

12:01 AM  
Blogger fri yet said...

happy birthday - done in my best burp voice!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milestone #1: That's so sweet!!!
Milestone #2: The things kids say... Mine once saw a rather heavyset man and said "Whoa. He's fat." Yes, the guy heard. Luckily he just thought it was funny.
Milestone #3: You'll cry when she goes to college too... because you'll finally have the house to yourself ;-)
Milestone #4: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad to hear your still stuck at the top of the hill! So... what anniversary of your 21st birthday will this be? I'm approaching the 7th anniversary of my 21st birthday in Sept. :D

I appreciate the invitation. Sorry I couldn't make it. It's a bit too much of a drive unfortunately. :D

7:06 AM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

Um, my 10th anniversary. /sigh. I am getting OLD!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter