Google

3.14.2007

OMG... I might actually be able to run a 5k!

Today I ran 2.5 miles. WHAT you say? Yeah, I did it. I also completed my first 5k. I ran 27 minutes out of 39. Right now I am patting myself on the back. This really is a great accomplishment for me. Consider this, I haven't even ran a full mile straight for about 3 years now. Not only did I do that today... I kept going.

I would like to thank Loralee first for this.

Loralee is my gym partner. I usually have to pick her up since she doesn't have a car. This motivates me to go. Plus she always says how "out of shape" she is. Now, when someone tells you how "out of shape" they are and then they proceed to run a mile, it makes you work out harder. There is no way I can wimp out and be even more out of shape than the "out of shape" person. This makes me work out harder than I normally would. Thank you Loralee! Through this whole process Loralee has lost around 17 pounds, and I have only lost 5. GRRRR.

Loralee is looking good. I am looking the same. (same =bad)

Now I need to thank Chelle.

Chelle is the reason I am running. I posted before that this is her bday gift in June. I may not run the 5k, but I want to know that I actually can. So thank you Chelle for making me get my butt to the gym. Hopefully my butt will look better because of it. Oh, and thank you Chelle for buying me a Margarita last night. Yet another reason I needed to run today. (drink margarita=work out harder at gym tomorrow) See I CAN have what I want. I just have to work out to get it.

Now I need to thank Jess. LOL.

Jess texted me while I was running today to tell me she was eating fries! LOL. Just thought I would thank her. Why? No reason. At least I know she thought of me today. HEHE.

So that is my update. I am going to go stretch again now then eat a light lunch. I can already feel some of my muscles tensing up. I am going to have to beg my husband for a leg massage tonight. I think I have deserved one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

hey it was french fries or a cigarette. i ended up having both. it has been a rough day.

/sigh. LOL.

what i really wanted was HAPPY SUSHI dammit. oh well, next week.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ha ha ha ha. I couldn't have done it without you, Bridgy.

You are SO looking good. Shut it.
I have been going almost every day. You can't because of scheduling, so you are doing amazing!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter