Google

3.09.2007

qwest sucks ass

yeah, you heard me. they suck. i have had nothing but problems with them on more than one occasion.

a few weeks ago, i switched to a higher-speed DSL connection. i had DSL before, but it was sloooow. so i upgraded. qwest has been advertising "prices for life" so i thought, hey... i'll switch now and get the price for life.

well, the problem with qwest that i have had is that i never get what i want the first time around. i always have to CALL back and iron the problem out with a customer service rep. then i feel like a bitch... and i don't like that. when i moved into my house almost 4 years ago, they didn't transfer my service correctly...and i was without the internet for almost 6 weeks. NOT cool at all when you are taking ONLINE classes at the university.

so, this time around, the rep asks me if i want qwest dsl with msn premium. i was like, well NO i don't want msn. i had a bad experience with msn once and i DON'T need an Internet Service Provider (ISP). i have one already...and i want to keep them. plus i am just anti-msn as a service provider for some reason. if bill gates would contribute to the "save jessica" fund, i might be convinced to tattoo msn with the msn butterfly somewhere on my body. a cool million would get msn advertising on the top of my left foot for LIFE.

but i have gone off track. meanwhile...back at the hacienda...

qwest's technical support is NOT good!!! when the big change was first initiated, i couldn't connect to the internet. so i called up tech support. the first woman i spoke with had a very thick indian accent and was impossible to understand. while i am sure she is just a lovely woman, she offered me no technical assistance whatsoever. she suggested rebooting my computer, resetting my modem and then told me i should wait an hour then try to reconnect. DUH! i had TRIED all of that!! i think she was secretly hoping i would go away. the second person i called, while MUCH better, treated me like i was retarded. here is our conversation:

him: "ok, so open up a web browser. it's probably a big E on your desktop."
me:: "can i use firefox?" (thinking to myself - NO SHIT SHERLOCK. GIANT E MY ASS!) "nevermind...ok... i have IE open."
him: "ok, is it open?"
me: "ummmm yeah. it is." DUH. didn't i just say that??!?!?
him: "ok, go up to the address bar. /pause you know what that is?"
me: "yeah, i think so. is that where i type?" (at this point, i am playing dumb. he is pissing me off)
him: "yeah, ok. so type http colon slash slash www"

what i heard... BLAH BLAH BLAH... when he got to the web address part, i typed that and hit ctrl + enter, and VOILA! http and dot com are added FOR you. AN INTERNET MIRACLE.

at least he got me connected to the vast World Wide Web.

so THEN i get my first bill. i got qwest with msn. they hosed me. i don't have my ISP for free anymore. if i want to change it, i have to pay a $200 early termination fee. so... i call this morning, they take care of everything, iron it all out... then switch me over to the DSL center so i can get the msn installation disk...cuz i should have gotten one. turns out they don't have me listed as a customer or even having DSL with qwest. (this is me, staring with an astonished look on my face!!)

what the hell is wrong with this company??? i mean SERIOUSLY. if i had a choice, i would switch to another company... but i DON'T.

the ONLY good thing about this was rebecca, the person i spoke with. she was smart and calmed me down a bit. i am sure she is overworked and underpaid. i think i am stuck with what i got unless i want to switch to the OTHER communications monopoly here in the valley. i won't even give them free publicity. here's a hint tho: they ALSO rip off people on their cable bills.

eff you qwest. i hope your company suffers severe stock crashes. and maybe rebecca can come work with me...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ug. Jon refused to have us go with Qwest. Comcast is the devil, too, but it kicks Qwests tail

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I soooo understand... Our DSL went out and my wife called the support line. Now first of all, my wife has no degree but has about as much practical computer knowledge as I do, which is considerable, since I have worked in both the IT support and the software programming side of IT for several years.

But she's short on jargon. So she gets on there, explains our problem pretty well, and he tries to tell her that the problem with our connection (which is tied into a router) is caused by a program on a computer on our network.

I get involved at this point. Pick up the phone, tell him exactly what my wife just said, but dropped a little bit of jargon in. Well, that made all the difference... now, suddenly we know what we're talking about and they actually try to diagnose the problem.

My wife was livid. I can't blame her.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree too. i came looking specifically because qwest is evil and wanted to make sure i wasn't losing my mind at the lack of customer service. someone MUST be trying to fill a sales quota. SO ANNOYING!

hung up on.
told i couldn't talk to a manager.
incorrect installation of a phone jack.
overcharged.
checked my credit without asking me. (from PA and not used to credit checks on utility bills)
told i wasn't in the system as a customer.
1 hour late.
5 hours late.
1 hour late after the first 5 went by.

QWEST SUCKS ASS!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter