Google

3.20.2007

life lesson # 27

resist the urge to flip off other drivers.

you never know - the driver MIGHT be a plainclothes officer driving an undercover car.

did this actually happen to me?????

yes, it did.

i was sitting at a light, waiting for my green arrow. they recently added a second turn lane, but no one was waiting in that lane. the green arrow pops up, and i start to turn. i am in the outside lane, when all of a sudden i hear a horn honk loudly. i did what any complete bitch would do and without thinking, hung the car a nicely manicured middle finger. classy. in my defense, the car was NOT there when i started to turn and the horn honk scared the hell out of me.

so, this car wrenches over behind me and i signal to turn right about a 1/2 block from my left turn. the car follows me and flips on the old red n blues. just bitchin! it's really just my day! of ALLLLL the people in the whole world to "flick off" (my kids call it that) i choose an undercover cop.

i pull into a parking stall and wait. the dude gets out and i can see his shirt and tie...no uniform. shit. i have no idea what's going to happen next. the following is a re-enactment that may be shown on COPS on some future saturday night.

jess: you scared the hell out me!!

policeman: well, that's a new turn signal and i thought you were cutting it a bit close.

j: i apologize for my ladylike actions. you just scared me and that was a natural reflex. (insert lots of way too loud nervous donkey laughter)

p: i pulled you over because you have a broken windshield.

j: yeah, i know. i can't afford to fix it. (thinking yeah RIGHT. you pulled me over cuz i FLICKED YOU OFF!!!) /more loud donkey laughing. listen, i AM really sorry about the bird.

p: that isn't the first time i've been flipped off and i highly suspect it will not be the last.

j: well i am sorry all the same.../coupled with even MORE donkey laughing. eff, could i just GET OVER IT ALREADY??

p: look into getting that windshield replaced and have a good evening.

j: thanks!


make NO mistake - i am blaming this entire episode on Qwest!!! the ONLY reason i was in that damn neighborhood was to take that fucking modem that i never ordered back to the effing UPS store.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

lmao... seriously I think all the world's ills should now be blamed on qwest. Damn you qwest I have a hangnail!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Damn you, Qwest. You made my pants fall down on the treadmill.

P.S.

I think I demand a presentation of the donkey laugh when I see you next.
You should have done it at lunch.

8:38 PM  
Blogger fri yet said...

you are such a lady! i think i could almost hear the donkey laugh as i read this... oh, and damn you qwest!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter