Google

3.27.2007

One of the best birthdays ever... yeah, I said ever!

I just had one of the best birthdays ever!

Ok, it does NOT beat when I turned 17 and my dad and mom gave me car. A Ford Tempo I know, but still a car.

That rocked. Freedom on wheels.

Oh, and the year my dad served me breakfast in bed. That was stellar too. Who really wants to wake up having a box of Lucky Charms poured on them in bed? Not me, although my kids think it is hilarious. The night before my birthday they asked if I wanted breakfast in bed. My answer........... NO!

This birthday was just fun. My husband threw an awesome party for me. A french themed party with wine and cheese. He even took the time to garnish each platter with parsley and kale. Yeah, you heard me correctly. Parsley and kale. He just officially won husband of the year. He also got me balloons and roses. Two dozen roses. I know he got them at Sam's Club, and they were NOT expensive. I still love them all the same.

A lot of friends were invited. Most of the came. Some even drove for over and hour and a half to get to the party. I was very excited when each and every visitor showed up.

Yeah, I got some gifts. Have I mentioned in this post yet that I love my friends? I really do.

Jess gave me Bare Minerals makeup. You should look it up. Just open another window... DO NOT SHUT THIS WINDOW! Lol. Ok, now I am done pretending that I am important. Now I just have to learn how to wear this makeup. Jess, thank you sooooooo very much. I get to think of you every time I put it on. I'll just try to put on clothes first. Then I won't have to think of you when I am naked.

Poor Chelle... she gave me a gift card for Christmas... I purchased a rain shower head... every time I shower... yeah, I think of her. /sigh.

Karen gave me a book that she thought I would love. So far she is 100% correct. She also gave me a tarot guide. I needed this. NEED I say!!! Now I can learn all of the secrets of the universe. Then she wrapped it in the cutest box ever.

Loralee... well she gave me a gift card to one of my favorite clothes stores. She has no clue, until now that is, that I went shopping. Let's just say she bought me some of the comfiest black leather shoes I have ever owned. They are soooo nice. Anyways, she seems to think she is giving me tequila. I may just try to bail out and not go to girls night this week. Thus no tequilla.

Yeah Lo... you heard me. I might bail!

You see I have this feeling that Lo, Chelle and Karen might be planning something evil for me. They might run out of time (I could only hope), and not be able to do it. /crosses fingers. They want to take me to Karaoke and have me sing Eye of the Tiger. I should have NEVER posted that song on my blog. EVER! Chelle had it go through her head all day I believe. /sigh I really can't sing. Ever see My Best Friends Wedding? I am really that bad.

So I am... /cough /cough... um REALLY sick. Yeah. /wink

I just really wanted to thank everyone that came to my party, who emailed me, who sang on my voicemail, who didn't sing on my voicemail, and who sent me a really funny card (Al).

Thank you!

It is good to finally be 21! LOL.


Bridge

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

It was a great party, Bridgy. I have great taste in shoes, huh? :)

Well, due to schedule suck it looks like you are safe for another week. More time to plan...BWAH HA HA HA HA~

11:24 AM  
Blogger jess said...

thanks for thinking of me by dressing before putting on your makeup. i sincerely appreciate it.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I do have a special talent when it comes to wrapping!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Al said...

what's the word on the card? i almost called you from LV on my way home from the club-o but didn't think you'd enjoy a drunk-n-dial at 5 am...
shoulda done it anyway

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

Just wanted to say (a little late) Happy Birthday! And al and I (as drunk as we might have been) were thinking of you this past weekend. Hope it was a blast.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter