Google

6.04.2007

here goes

it has been pointed out to me (repeatedly! thanks t.) that i have been a total slacker lately when it comes to this blog and possibly my friends. you would tell me if i was being a sucky friend, right? the blog thing, well, let's just chalk it up to working my ant bit, itchy, red ass off.

it has also been pointed out to me that over this little (or big since i've been out here for almost a month) job many things have happened that i should blog about for various reasons. but mostly because they're hilarious and i alluded to them in my last blog from good ole' grants.

first- the bullfrog (a co-worker) and i decided to go and check out some calderas after it had been raining all week. the bullfrog just had to see the big lava tubes. so we went one day after work. we got off a bit early at 1630! so we get going on this dirt (ok, it was mostly silt and clay... the soft stuff) road in the rental truck and it's pretty slippery. but i can handle the driving, right? i grew up driving through snowy and icy canyons and such. so we almost got stuck in a small ditch meant to funnel water off of the road. but we pulled ourselves out of it and decided to keep going. really, what's a little sign that says 'Road May Be Impassible When Wet' got on a couple o' scientists? NADA!
Wrong! we managed to get ourselves supremely stuck in another ditch. only this time the ditch was full and we had 2 wheel covered to the rims.
did i mention that it's almost 1800 and the sun is beginning to wane?
also, did i mention that we took my rental instead of the bullfrog's?
so we dug (with my hard hat) and covered the bottom of the ditch with scoria. we put a tarp down to try to get traction. oh, and my truck only has 2 wheel drive (let's not get started on that... when i decide tis time to call AAA to get them out for a tow. wouldn't you know it! no cell-y service!
so we bitch about it and then decide that we'd better empty the truck of expensive shit (meaning we'd have to carry it out on foot) and get someone to help in the morning.
but lady luck was on our side (finally) and an old rancher with tire chains was coming along at just that moment and pulled us out! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
following day... the bullfrog says
" stand back here and look at our trucks. what's different?"
me: hm... your's is silver and mine used to be white but is currently ass brown?
me: no wait...
me: i don't know. what?
the bullfrog: my truck is 4-wheel drive.
me: (laughing my ass off) ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
t bf: nope. i just noticed that. pretty funny isn't it?
me: eff yeah it is. but let's still not talk about this for awhile.
the bf: right-o

good times in grants.. more later.
also- i got bit on the ass the other day by a red ant! luckily NOT a fire ant, just a plain ole' red ant. so it just itches like a son of a bitch and i have a large red bump.
good times

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

Nice cover... an ant bit your butt. Hmmm... sounds like a case of teenage acne to me.

/wink

4WD TRUCK??? Al... your the scientist. Your supposed to analyze everything first. WTF was up with that? LOL

Thanks for making me laugh!

11:44 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Okay, you have a hard hat??? YAY!!!

I like the labels at the bottom: al, ant bite, funny story.

Is "ant bite" going to be a repeating theme here? Or is there another post I've missed out on - because I want to check it out.. stat.

Shit - I just bit the inside of my cheek for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I can't think anymore. GAH.

7:47 PM  
Blogger jess said...

did you really just say 1800???

uh, for the stupid folk, that's 6 p.m.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter