Google

5.19.2007

The things kids say...

**Note** I actually wrote this post weeks ago. I finally decided to post it since I have nothing else I can actually write about. Not that I don't have stuff to write about... just that I currently CAN'T write about it. Let's just say I had a really shitty last week. If you really want to know about it send me an email.

**End Note**

Warning, this post is not being censored... Possibly should be, but it isn't.
  1. If you do not like foul language, DO NOT READ THIS POST.
  2. Once again... foul language. Hello, if you hate foul language why are you still reading? Trust me... STOP!
  3. I warned you...
I am about to tell you a true story. An unfortunately true story.

How do you know when it is time to clean up your language? Not always an easy question for some adults. It could be when your mom washes out your mouth with soap. It could be when you get in trouble by a teacher. It could be when you decide to have kids. For my husband... It is when my children used bad language in the correct context.

Here is some important information to the set-up of the story:

My son at the time is 4 years old.
  • My daughter was only 2 years old.
  • It is a Sunday morning.
  • I, the non morning person, was asleep.
  • My husband, tired from staying out late with some of his friends, is currently awake with the kids.
  • My kids call Chex cereal the "square kind". Not to be confused with "round kind" which is Kix.

Daughter: Dad I am hungry.

Dad: Alright, I will get you some cereal.


This is when my husband goes and gets some cereal and pours it for our poor starving children. He adds the milk, and gets their drinks ready. Then he puts the bowls in front of my children at the table. Remember he is REALLY tired.


Daughter: (looks at cereal in disgust) I wanted the God damned square kind.

Dad: (looks at daughter in a startled manner)

Son: Yeah dad, and shut the fucking curtains!


So my husband got the God damned square kind and he shut the fucking curtains.

What else could he do? Then he came and woke me up to take care of them. He had enough for one morning. He later told me that was when he realized then that he needed to watch what he said.


I swear this story is true.


Since then we have taught our children that potty language is only acceptable in "the potty." Makes for interesting dinners when one of our children really wants to say something bad. The get up from dinner and go in the bathroom and shout bad words like "poop, shut up, and stupid." Doesn't get rid of the fact that you still hear it, but at least you know they are learning when to use it. LOL.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you shared this story with the world Bridge, it's one of my favorites.

As for the shitty week... it completely blows and we need to go out for talking and ice cream (or margaritas-your pick).

1:10 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Here, here on the night out, Bridgy.
Your week sucketh a duck.
:(

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny.

How are you doing, girl? Hanging in there? Note me (or email) sometime.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter