Google

10.03.2006

A funny thing happened on the way home from the bar



I think all good stories begin that way. And I may be somewhat of an expert on such stories. I've both told and heard a mass amount of them.
Last night I went to a local tavern/pub to watch my Packers lose to the Eagles. I limited myself to 1 beer a quarter, however this pub brews its own brew and I love their IPA which is like 6% alcohol (twice what you poor, poor Utahns are used to). I kept to my 1 beer a quarter and ordered a samich during the 3rd quarter for dinner. I was golden. Until the Packers decided to go home or reflect inside themselves or quit playing or something, then I think the IPA decided it was time to do it's job. Do you think I listened to the IPA and stopped at 3? Nope! The Packers were losing.
The game ended and I went out, got on my bike, turned on my lights and began my short trek home. During my ride my brother called to find out the end result of the game and like a drunken idiot, I answered the phone. I don't care how adept and agile you are or what kind of bicycle riding pro you are, talking on the phone and riding a bike do not mesh. If you add beer to that, well, you're in trouble.
Back to the story- I was talking to my brother and he was giving me guff about the Pack losing and I was swerving along the road. I told my brother that I thought I was going to fall and thus I did! Yep, I wrecked my bike. And I have the road rash on my arm to prove it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Bridgy was right. You have an awesome rack going on there.

Hee hee.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

/gasps... um... I never said that.

Just kidding. Of course I do. Did you see the size of them? Beautiful.

You look hot Al...

I am drooling. HEHE

8:04 PM  
Blogger jess said...

LADIES! Quit talking about her BOOBS and Laff Your Ass Off at her bike incident.

Give us a pic of the road rash. That is what we really want!

Uh, er.. I mean.. OMG! Are you ok??!??!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Al said...

the only pic i have of my road rash was taken on my phone (remember the no camera status?) it's a very poor pic. i should have a few scars still visible when i see you ladies...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter