Google

11.15.2006

BRIDGES GIFT GIVING GUIDE 2006-2007-????

So this month I am going to devote some time to gift giving.

Why?

Because I am too lazy to actually go out and shop for Christmas, birthdays, weddings, babies, and other lame gift giving holidays and events. That's why. So instead of actually going out and buying stuff and accomplishing something, I will blog about it.

Bah Humbug?

Yep... that is me this year. Scrooge.

It isn't that I do not want to give gifts... I just hate feeling that I HAVE to give gifts. (insert Jess' name here) HAHAHA. Ok, I am totally kidding Jess. (insert Al's name next) HAHAHA. Ok, I am cracking myself up.


You do know the people I am talking about right? The people who gave you a gift and made you feel guilty because you didn't have a gift for them. Or the person who gave you a super expensive gift last year... when you gave them a candle. ( I know I am damning my self to hell for even mentioning this, trust me.)

This is the funny part, I actually love giving gifts. I already know what I would buy my family and friends if I won the lottery. (Yes Al... a blow dryer.) Just certain years money seems tighter and then I get grouchy. This year is one.

Here are a few examples of my grouchiness for your reading pleasure.


Example #1... My Son

  • His toys get more complicated each year (which means expensive).
  • His toys get more expensive each year.
  • He gets better at finding "said" gifts. Wherever I hide them. Trunk of car, locked storage room, grandma's house... and then I have to buy more gifts that come from "Santa". Damn Santa. Buy your own damn gifts.
  • And the worst... Imagine this in a whiney voice, "So and So got better presents than me! WHAAAAAAHHHH!" Thus, I am a shitty mom.

Example #2... My Daughter

  • Wants everything.
  • Wants everything.
  • Oh, did I mention... She wants everything.

Example #3... My Husband

  • Has really good taste.
  • Likes nice stuff (aka expensive)
  • Already has everything he needs... so I have to give him something he WANTS.
  • (Note to Husband... I love you and want to tell you that buying gifts for you is fun.)I almost believe that... /wink

Example #4... My Dad

  • refer to example #3.

Example #5... My Mom

  • refer to example #3 or #4 with some variations.
  • What she wants happens to be the most expensive. IN THE ENTIRE STORE!

Example #6... My Friends

  • I've already run out of money.
  • I feel really bad.
  • They have run out money too. (/smile)
  • I feel better.

So anyways, to get to the freaking point!!! Quite a few of my upcoming post will be about different types of gift giving. For all types of events.

If you have any funny gift giving stories... please email me and I'll share them.

bestmonkeyfriends@yaoo.com

Cheers!

Bridge

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but how about the ones you have no clue what to buy, because every year, your gift gets the exact same "Oh, okay, thank you" response. I swear I could get [person's name hidden] a mansion, a Rolls, and a private jet and I'd still get that same damn response... *sigh*

Thus every year, I have no friggin' clue what to get this person...

6:52 AM  
Blogger jess said...

You can never go wrong with the gift card. Everyone LIKES to eat. Except anorexics. Don't give them restaurant gift cards. Give them clothing gift cards instead. Or.. movie tickets. Or golf passes. Or...

Or candy. Who doesn't like candy?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

All I need is your love, Bridgy.

Sigh...

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter