Google

12.11.2006

Dream a little dream of me...

...or not. If only I could dream of myself in a NORMAL situation I would be happy. Instead I continue to have these totally effed up dreams that include past flings (that obviously I'm not over even though I continue to insist that I am), one of my brothers turning into a superhero (Ty, if you're reading this, it was you) and saving a bunch of people from a plane crash in San Franciso, trekking though Brazil with Brian and his son and chastizing his son for picking up half of a dead fish.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with me? I have these vivid and memorable dreams during the pre-dawn hours and always wake up wondering what the dream meant, where the eff the scenario came from and how I can make my dreams much happier. Like, say, I get some action from Matt Damon or McDreamy.

I know, I know. Most dreams don't mean anything, I understand that. And I can usually rationalize my way through where at least part of the scenario came from but sometimes (as in the Brazil dream) I'm at total loss about every little part of the dream.

I've begun to wonder if it has to do with my sleeping position. Do I dream differently when I sleep on my back vs. sleeping on my side? Does it depend on how much caffiene I had during the day or what sorts of things I ate? Or what about the book(s) I read right before hitting the hay?

The bizarre thing is that I go through these phases where I'll have many vivid and intense dreams and then, as suddenly as it started, it stops and I can no longer remember what I dreamt. I've had these phases for quite some time but I've never been able to figure out what triggers them or why they suddenly stop.

I guess I'm on the look out for a few insights here. Does anyone else have the same problem? I'd love to know or just get your feelings about why you think it happens to you.

Jess and Bridge can attest to my bizarre dreams because they have to hear all about them. Maybe I'll start writing them down as soon as I wake up and share a few with you for shits and giggles.

2 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

so here i am, singing "dream a little dream of me..."

remember that movie? with corey haim and corey feldman?? talk about DATING myself here.

YES I WAS BORN IN 1976. YES THAT MAKES ME 28!!

and yes, i am a proud Sky View High Alumni, which is the biggest reason i can't count! Class of '94 RULZ!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

Yes Class of '94 does rule! HAHA. Unless you happen to be class of '95.

Anyways, I LOVED that movie. I would have married either Corey and been happy. lol.

On another note. I need to chat with you about your dreams. I might help you sort them out.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter