Google

11.30.2006

me i want a hula hoop

i know you sang the song referenced in my title when you read it. in your BEST chipmunk voice!!

i remember singing this song with my sister when we were kids. what a riot. now... my kids love it. they think the chipmunk voices are hilarious.

i wish they could actually WATCH alvin and the chipmunks, instead of some of this shit they crank out on the cartoon network. i don't care what you think... at least 80% of the programming on cartoon network is completely UNFIT for children under the age of 15.

but i digress. christmas, christmas time is here. (you are singing, aren't you?!?!?)

my son is starting to question santa claus. uh-oh. he may be on to me. i hope we can hang on for one or two more years before he puts everything together and discovers i am, like, the biggest liar ever. santa claus... bull shit. tooth fairy... bull shit. easter bunny... total bull shit.

are we setting our kids up for disappointment? or do we play these fun little "games" to get even with our parents? what a perpetually vicious cycle. yet i continue to play along. i love sneaking around at christmas. i love the challenge of trying to slip a couple of quarters or a dollar bill under the pillow while my kiddo is sleeping. even more, i love the challenge of actually REMEMBERING to have to the tooth fairy visit. (yes, i have forgotten. it totally sucked, thanks for asking!)

we can hardly stand to wait. please, christmas... don't be late!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

max forgot to do the toothfairy thing last night. My son totally cried this morning.

11:15 PM  
Blogger jess said...

LMAO.

It is the WORST thing ever when you forget.

It is funny, tho... i can't help but laugh!!

11:10 AM  
Blogger fri yet said...

thanks! i'm going to sing myself to sleep ~ if i can't sleep i will call and sing to you! ....'me i want a hula hoop'.... [in my best chipmonk voice]

10:45 PM  
Blogger fri yet said...

shit - i knew chipmonk looked incorrect ~ i know it's chipmunk, sorry.
that time i almost typed chimpunk that would be a whole other cartoon [i think it's time to go to bed]

10:58 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I totally forgot about Alvin and the Chipmunks!
Alvin.. Simon... Theodore...du du dududu. du du dududu

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN on the cartoons... I mean, I'm not so worried about the violence (although it's a bit bad too), but even my 4-year-old prefers Boomarang most of the time to all the other cartoon networks... They just don't make good funny cartoons any more...

F'ing sucks...

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter