Google

3.07.2007

Dear Diary,

Today I practiced my duty as a consuming American and did some shopping. BEE-Ridge and Jess informed me last night that i have no sense of style and that whenever I go anywhere I look like absolute shit. Boy are they good friends :( Remind me to cut off all contact until they are nicer.

My wardrobe is based on my comfort and the fact that for many years I've been a poor, poor student. So jeans and tennies have been a necessity. I see nothing wrong with that. However, they tell me that this is the reason I'm single. My response is that if any guy wants to be with me he'll like me for who I am, not what I wear. Supposedly, I'm totally wrong. We'll see who wins this competition.

On a totally different note, diary, doing my own dishes totally blows!

It seems like I can't ever keep motivated enough to finish a whole load. Even when that 'whole load' only consists of 3 or 4 dishes. Ay! What's wrong with me? Does this mean I should rush to the doctor and get myself checked out? Do I have dishophobia? Is it curable? Is it life-threatening?
The agony of the unknown is driving me crazy. I don't know what I'll do with myself while I wait for the results....

Finally, my dearest of Diaries, I have a diary confession (not to be confused with a dashboard confession which is much cooler than this could ever even aspire to be). I am totally and absolutely in love with my teapot.
WOW! It feels fantastic to finally get that out in the open. I've been wrestling with how to bring it up in casual conversation for quite some time but have not found the right opportunity. Maybe someday soon I'll start a conversation with Jess, Bee-Ridge or StickEE with the sole purpose of admission. It should go something like this..

"I was shopping at Linens & Things the other day and spotted this incredible teapot. I know you're thinking, 'A teapot, incredible? I don't buy it.' But I want you to know (insert name of other conversant) that it may well be the coolest, greatest, most useful piece of coffee and tea making equipment I currently own."

That sounds like a good segway into my teapot love admission, right?
Nice. Thanks for the go ahead Diary.
It's nighty night time for me lovely Diary but thanks for hearing my confession and giving me confidence.

4 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

dear dairy,

please help aleeca spell better.

love,
jess

p.s. i fixed your post heading. it says dear diary now. thought you'd like that.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

For whatever it is worth... I dress like shit too. You probably dress better than me actually.

I LOVE LINNENS & THINGS! Just like Bed Bath & Beyond. My favorite type of store.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Al said...

hey
scientists don't need to know how to spell.
how many times i gotta tell you that?
that's why i had YOU edit my thesis
duh!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it a Harley teapot??? cause then i could understand!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter