Google

3.01.2007

I should have used Mucinex DM... oh, and an announcement

I am sick.

Sick.
Sick.
Sick!

The type of sick when you wonder if it is changing to Bronchitis or pneumonia.

Sick enough that I really want to just go to bed. Too bad I need to work, watch kids, do laundry, clean the house, and go grocery shopping. Too bad for me.

I have been using NyQuil PM at night. Lovely. I use the DayQuil during the day. Not as lovely. I really should be using the Mucinex DM.

***********ANNOUNCEMENT*************

In June I'll be participating in a 5K run. This is in thank to my friend Chelle which asked for this "present" for her bday. I am going to try to run all of it. Currently I can run for about 5 minutes before I die. I've been training for about 3 weeks. If I run for two minutes at a time I can actually run around 12 minutes.

Yesterday I almost passed out. Honest. I tried to run while I am this sick. I was running and next thing I know I have the spins. I hate the spins. When sick... when drunk... I really hate the spins.

So... to make a longer than necessary story short.
  • I am slowly increasing my running.
  • I am trying to watch what I eat.
  • I am trying not to make an ass out of myself by falling off the back of the treadmill.
  • I am trying to lose weight.
  • I am again... trying not to make an ass out of myself.

If anyone has any good suggestions for running songs I would love to hear them. I need to get some new music on my player.

Here is a song I should probably get...

Eye of the Tiger

Risin' up, back on the street

Did my time, took my chances

Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet

Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast

You change your passion for glory

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past

You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight

Risin' up to the challenge of our rival

And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night

And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat

Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry

They stack the odds 'til we take to the street

For we kill with the skill to survive chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top

Have the guts, got the glory

Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

Just a man and his will to survive

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

OOOH! You looked so sick that day. I thought we were going to have to call in the sick patrol on your ass. I am taking it there will be no gyming tomorrow, sicky!

As for tunes:

Tub Thumping
Rough Stuff-Gomez
Beautiful Day- U2

Chelle's disks she burned for me are pretty awesome, but I don't know most of them.

6:34 PM  
Blogger jess said...

oh no you DIDN'T. I KNOW you didn't just post the lyrics to "eye of the tiger" on our blog.

YOU DID NOT.

good work out tunes:
mary j. blige - family affair
justin timberlake - future sex love sounds -and- my love
killers - somebody told me
crazy town - butterfly
front 242 - hey poor
franz ferdinand - take me out
nin - the hand that feeds

anything by linkin park... especially the jay-z/lp collaboration....

i like the stuff that makes you want to get up and go...

10:01 PM  
Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

I will admit... I DO LISTEN TO LAME MUSIC! LOL. I am willing to start listening to non lame music though. I will look up all these songs and maybe get them on my player.

11:35 AM  
Blogger jess said...

LMAO at the "i listen to lame music" club. that is funny!!

chelle's songs are good, too. btw. she obviously, MUCH like me, has great taste in music.

xoxo

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my idea of a workout involves repeatedly lifting and lower my fork, I can't offer much in the way of good workout music.

But there's nothing wrong with Eye of the Tiger. It's not lame, it's just not quite so new... But then, I have extremely eclectic taste in music. My list of MP3s covers everything from classical and jazz to hip-hop, rock, and even a little Christian Contemporary (don't laugh). I have a few rap songs, but mostly I don't like rap much, and opera sucks *censored*

Anyhow, running while you're sick... now that's some dedication. If I'm sick and running, there better be some psycho chasing me with a chainsaw...

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter