Google

3.05.2007

Live! from the home office in Butt, MT

heh heh..heh...heh...

this is going to be a post of confessions.

first...yes, i like beavis and butthead. they remind me of my teenage years and watching tv in al's basement. the show itself...NOT that great. but those commentaries on the videos? hilarious. some of those videos would have never been seen by the general public if not for b & b. beavis and butthead, i salute you.

for the record, i DID quit smoking. however, i cheat. i think me quitting smoking forever is a little bit like you giving up sex forever. it isn't an every day thing and i can handle it. am i weak? yeah, probably, but it's one of my vices. take it or leave it.

i like mcdonalds. get over it. the latest craze: the jr. mac. order a double cheeseburger off the dollar menu, have them hold the ketchup and mustard but add big mac sauce and lettuce. trust me, it's the bomb. does it line up with my diet? hell no. that is why i eat at mcdonald's like once a month or LESS.

i bought three boxes of samoas and i justified it for a couple of reasons: one....a woman i work with was selling them so i wanted to help her out, two...it helps the girl scouts, right? and last, but CERTAINLY not least... I. Love. These. Cookies. omg i could literally eat a whole box. i shared the first box with co-workers, gave a box to my man (they are his fave, too) and kept a box just for me. i haven't opened them. yet. not sure i dare.

i like to speed when i drive. i made it to butte today in 4.5 hours. google maps said it would take 5.5. hahahah. drive fast, take chances....right? right?!??!??!

i'm here in butte on business. i am a homebody and don't sleep well on the road, so i am not thrilled to be here. but i can't lie. being a single mom is rough and even though i am working, this is a vacation from them and all the responsibilities of home...dishes, laundry, pets, etc. etc. etc. i feel bad for even thinking that... i am going to go get a pedicure tomorrow night.

just a note of interest: i am certain 2-3 small elephants are staying in the room above mine. luuuucky me.

this brings me to my last little confession. i listen to dr. laura. i like her. i agree with her some of the time and sometimes i just think she's totally nuts. sometimes i also think she is clueless...like she totally misses the caller's point. but...the most articulate people don't always phone in, either. a caller on her show today reduced me to tears, however. a father of two boys, 7 and 5...wanted to know when and if he and his terminally-ill wife should tell the boys she is going to die. she has cancer...a kind there is no cure for (he never said what kind) and although the boys know she is sick, they don't know she has cancer and they don't know she is dying. this man never broke down. his voice never wavered. he just wanted to know how to help his boys. he didn't want them to be scared. his strength was amazing. dr. laura suggested they tell the boys together and then make some videotapes and suggested some other things. she said it wasn't just for the boys, but it was for this man, too. he said thanks...and she said, "i mean that. it's for you, too." he said, "i understand..."

and i just cried. cancer sucks and has hit a little too close to home for me. plus those boys are the same age as my kids. and the thought of my own kids having to grow up without a mommy made me very, very sad.

and homesick. i can't wait to get back home. those kids i needed a break from??? i miss them so much it hurts.

p.s. no more heroes until april 23??? wtf??????

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

fyi- you're breaking down makes me almost break down.

i know i'm not a mom so i have little room to speak but needing a break from everyday life is not a bad thing especially because, as a single mom you don't get them often. even if it means going to butt, MT (I have the b & b book 'chicken soup for the butt' it's HILARIOUS, btw).

plus, i think getting away on occasion makes you a better mom because you're better able to deal when you get back so sit back & enjoy.

i, for one, don't know how you do it and think you're absolutely amazing for accomplishing everything you have while facing such adversity.

you go girl!!!!

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just second that "you go girl!!!!" ?

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry that you go girl was really from me... had 2 too many beers i think

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heroes:

I know. Waiting will kill me. Really.

7:09 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I read this while doing exactly what you're stopping and every single night I look at my daughter and give myself a lecture and have a nervous breakdown - which sends me into this whole freak out cycle... which ends with someone telling me this is not the time to stop as I'm setting myself up for failure - I have too many other things to worry about now, blah blah blah - do you see where I'm going? Probably not.

I don't care where I am, we're going to get together for a drink, and then play that game with sharp objects between fingers should we pull out a smoke. How bout that??

:)

1:08 AM  
Blogger jess said...

al... you rock and you know i love you.

stickee... have more beer chica. you probably deserve it. i know what it's like to be a single mom all on your own with a limited number of people to help you out.

eagle...well in death we'll be partners...with bridge, too i bet.

holli... well put. i get it ALL. ALL OF IT. it makes sense!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter