Google

2.14.2007

The "other" V word...

Yes, it was Valentines Day. A word I maintain is a swear word. I love a lot of family and friends, but having to go buy stuff on a certain day of the year is annoying. Expensive too. Jess and Al... consider this post a Valentine Card. /wink

Alone? Kinda. I did have my two kids with me almost all day. Then I had Loralee and Karen show up for a fun filled night of games. More on this at the end of the post.

Where was my husband?

Australia.

I did get to web cam with him today finally. The kids LOVED that. He is all nice and tan. Lucky guy. I am glad I made him go. He really needed to go. He doesn't realize how important he is to me. It has been easier than I would have thought having him far away, but I really do miss him. I have been lucky that my kids have behaved. It really is a new development. My husband does a lot of stuff for me. Changes lightbulbs, takes out the trash, wakes up and tries to stay awake with me when I have a terrible nightmare. You get the picture. With all we have been through I really do still love him.

In case he ever reads this blog... I LOVE YOU.

K, now to the anoying part of my day.
  1. I almost got hit by a HUGE truck today. A semi in fact. It ran a red light, and it ran it fast. Luckily I was somewhat awake and hit the brakes hard. I am also lucky I didn't get rear ended. The car behind me was also awake.
  2. I had TWO valentine parties to go to for my kids. Was late to the first one, and was late to the second one too. Once again, I was lucky I made it at all.
  3. My son called me from school. He was sick. Poor guy. Poor me. Poor my daughter. I had to leave her during her Valentine party at preschool to go pick her brother up.
  4. Both of my kids were invited to bday parties on Saturday. Both parties are at the same time. Which one do I take them to?

It really was just that type of day.

Now this evening I had a very good laugh. Did you know that "but I am still a virgin" could be used as an excuse for almost anything? I didn't. I am going to start using it. I might have to use, "but I still wish I was a virgin," as my excuse. Who knows. I'll see if it works. I played Rumikube tonight, then we read tarot cards. That was FUN. I really need to get more into that.

Well off to bed I go. I wish a Happy V Day to all of you out there. Thank you to all my friends, I love you all!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You shouldn't make fun of the virgins... they are suffering enough.

4:51 PM  
Blogger jess said...

lol i was totally going to say leave the virgins alone.

but karen benson'd me. so i can't.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thank you Jess for standing up for me *cough cough* I mean the virgins.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I told you time and again Bridgy. I will totally make you a non-virgin anytime you want.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter