Google

10.06.2006

In Heaven there is no beer?

'In heaven there is no beer
that's why we drink it here
and when i'm no longer here
my friends will be drinking all my beer'
-a Polka which is now my favorite song and reflects my feelings exactly (j & b- I'll drink all your beer or you'll drink all mine)

Once again, on my talk radio addiction-
I'm listening to a WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) podcast called "Here on Earth" and this particular program currently playing is about the history of beer! What? Are you serious? A history of beer? How fabulous is that? For me, it is heaven. Which is obvious if you read my "A funny thing happened on the way home from the bar" post.
I especially like good beer (microbrew) and the old stand-by Miller Lite. Listen, you gotta give a girl a break about Miller Lite when she lived in Wisconsin for a few years. You can't NOT drink Miller Lite there. Especially when you can get 8 oz. mugs for like $1.25! That's right, I said $1.25. Man, I love not living in Utah but I also like not living in the Upper Midwest, I just liked their beer prices and football team.
Anyway, the history of beer is really quite interesting, as I'm positive the history of wine or vodka would be. It just so happens this program is about beer. Take that wine! Take that vodka!
Mmmmm. If only I could find the perfect IPA my quest would be over. But it's about this time of year that I partially switch to darker beers such as Porters (you know with the changing weather and all).
Mmmmmm. Beer. (My name for the day, Homer!)
So, in celbration of Octoberfest- let's raise our glasses to friendship, love (/shakes fist at stupid men), friendship (I know I already said it but it's that important to me), and food!
Slainte!
ps- If there's no beer in heaven then you can count me OUT!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte Ballard said...

This is exactly why I am going to Hell. No beer in Heaven? Count me OUT.

Oh, and the history of beer... I watched in on the History Channel one night. Best time I wasted in a LONG TIME!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter