Google

11.19.2006

TO: ALL MY FRIENDS

Ok, I realize I need to post this. My gift giving post might of made some of my friends think that I get grouchy about giving them gifts.

Is it true?

NO!!!

The keyword in my previous post was HAVE. I get grouchy when I "have" to give gifts. I never feel that I have to give my friends gifts. I feel that I "get" to. Different story altogether.

Although... sometimes I do feel I "have" to give a certain friend a "certain" gift for obvious reasons... but that is a different story altogether. (This certain friend will know who she is when the time comes. /evil chuckle inserted here)

Now, if you called me on the phone. Then invited me to a gathering... and TOLD me I HAD to give a gift to someone I hardly knew... not only would I feel that I had to go to "said" gathering... but then I would feel obligated to give them "said" gift. THANKFULLY none of my friends do this. I have had a few family members do it before, and I went through with it. Now I put my foot down and say no.

I mean...

Who in their right mind calls you up and tells you that you need to attend something and you are in charge of bringing someone a gift? Shouldn't they first find out if you can attend? If you even want to? If you can afford to?

Yes I am bitter.

Yes it almost happened again this year.

No it is NOT happening to me. Never again.

None of my close friends have ever done this to me. Nor would they think it was cool.

Loralee usually has one of the most /cough /cough fun (yeah, thats the right word) Christmas gatherings I have had the honor of attending. We usually do white elephants. I LOVE IT. Even if she called me and told me I HAD to get someone a gift... I would still go. HAHA. Her party is that good.

Anyways, I love you friends! I am getting you gifts. I have no clue what... but I am.

Examples of what I "could" get you... hehehehe

Jess: A Nascar hat. ( you know I wouldn't buy one)
Al: Some rocks. (unlabled for lots of evening fun)
Loralee: A box of Gain. ( I like to feed addictions)
Karen: A cat lady hat. (because we know you have earned it)

Ok... so THOSE are NOT your gifts...

But I smiled typing them.

From: The HO who brings the HO HO HO in Christmas!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get me one of those fancy dSLR deals you keep taunting me with :D

KIDDING!...

NO REALLY, I AM (Kidding, that is)!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ya, cause I was gonna say, you didn't seem too bitchy about giving me that "Special Hug"

Heh. Heh. Heh.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Brigitte: Season 1 of Lost on DVD & beer to help her get through it
;D

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter