Google

2.06.2007

Self Portrait Challenge... Black and White

...there are two pics here... the first is of Bridge...the second is of Jess...

This is my entry for the Self Portrait Challenge. You can get to their site by going to http://www.selfportraitchallenge.net/ . Or you can always check our sidebar.

When I think of black & white portraits I always think of graphic lines and texture. I tried to incorporate both in this one. Plus you have to have wicked lighting.

You need to really represent 5 colors of black to white.

Very Black
Kinda Black or Dark Grey
Grey
Light Grey
White

Okay, Okay... I realize these are NOT necessarily the technical terms, but I figured they would help you understand.

Then it is all about the eyes. ESPECIALLY in black & white. The eyes show all emotion, and they are the window to your soul.

If you have a soul. Some people I really wonder about.

A portrait can be shown without the eyes as the main focus, but to do it well it is hard. The eyes lock the viewer in. I rarely see a portrait I like without the eyes telling me something. It really IS possible though. I do take them all the time, it is just REALLY hard. I know this is hard to explain, but in another post I'll show examples. Doesn't mean it isn't a great picture, just not a great portrait. /shrugs...


these are my favorite glasses. i should point out that they are really my only pair of glasses, however, that doesn't make them any less fabulous!

i do have a pair of prescription sunglasses, ray bans they are. but they don't even come close to this pair.

i need new ones, says my opthamologist. pshaw.

i like these ones.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't put my finger on why I love your posts, except that I'm pretty sure you're one of the few females to grace this planet that I would actually hang out with.

Love the glasses - love the first pic. Love your nose. I'm a big fan of great noses.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

So now I can't hang out with Bridgy because she has anal leakage and I can't hang out with Jess because she looks way better in glasses than I do.

(Running and ducking wildly from Bridgy)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

I really like the tilt in the second shot. The glasses look great.

7:40 AM  
Blogger jess said...

holy #!$%balls i think my nose looks HUGE.

i am glad you like my nose, holli.

lol @ loralee.

jeremy.. thank you!

10:20 AM  
Blogger jess said...

um yeah, i just realized that if you click on the pics, you get them El Huge-o size.

DAMN n BLAST.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Al said...

thanks for including me in this one ladies....
oh wait! i think it's because i'm freaking 800 miles away (that's approximate, mind you).

I think both of you ladies are gorgeous and i'm glad i could be the not as cute friend, as long as it meant hanging out w/ ya'll

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter