Google

4.27.2007

Why having a homebased business is NOT always a good idea.

My hair is currently pulled up in a knot. Not an attractive one I might add.

I am wearing a tank top and sweats.

I have makeup smeared across my face.

I am drinking coffee.

I just finished running around the block.

My doorbell rang, and it was an established realtor. He needed to ask questions about a neighboring house. Lucky me. Then he notices I have a home based business. Oddly enough, he needs someone with my skill. I look like absolute HELL and he is going to possibly hire me.

Yeah.

***On another note*** I am about to finish cleaning up the shattered glass in my 1/2 bathroom. A light fixture decided to fall off my ceiling and crash everywhere. SCARY. I have a fairly new house and this shouldn't have happened. Whomever designed this type of light should be shot.

The thingamajig that the glass screws onto is also the thingamajig that screws into the base to hold the glass up. Two things that screw??? Ok, that sounded worst that it was. /wink So by screwing in the glass you can actually be unscrewing the whole thing from the ceiling. Um... anyone else think this is a bad idea? This light was HEAVY. Anyways, the possibility for this type of accident is way more probable than I had thought possible.

Now I get to go buy:
  • A replacement glass and thingamajig
  • Some superglue or a welder (to get rid of this potential)
  • A LOT of beer

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

i've got the giggles today.

wtf is wrong with me?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Al said...

A LOT of beer!!!! can't go wrong with that. plus, i've had the same things happen to me. cept i just rent the place, you know.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew That's a lot of screwing...

lucky you...

*sigh* Yes... I have my head in the gutter...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter