Google

4.13.2007

I don't know what is wrong with me...

I have been having issues.

I know we all have issues. I can hear you thinking this exact thought. Everyone has them. Everyone always will. The past week I just haven't been able to deal with mine.

I have been sick.

I have been tired.

The worst is that I am depressed.

/sigh.

I go through spurts of depression. For a time I can honestly deal with it and it goes away. I never had it growing up, although I believe it runs in my family. The first time it hit was when I had my son. Postpartum depression sucks btw. Thanks for asking.

I have yet to take medication for it, but I will if I have to. I have nothing against medication. I just like to try and work things out without first.

Helps that I have great friends. Really great friends. My poor friends have to listen to me sob away.

This time seem different though. I usually get all weepy, but I honestly have no emotion. I saw a movie that would usually make me just sob, and I barely had a tear. I am tired all the time, but that could be from my allergies. Hmmmm. Doesn't help that we had a few great weeks of warm weather and now it is frigid again. I am really ready for summer. Have I mentioned I hate living in Utah? Maybe I just need a warm vacation. Wendover wasn't warm enough.

I am exercising.
I am not consuming alcohol for a bit.
I am getting sleep.
I am trying to do stuff.

Any other suggestions I can try? I really want to try for a few weeks on my own. Anyways, sorry I got so personal. I just needed to get this out so I can step forward.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Well, you're sitting next to me watching me type this, so you know damn well that we're dragging our sorry (And much flabbier) asses to the gym RIGHT NOW.~!!!!

Yay!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

This sounds totally familiar to me. I go bouts of depression more often than I'd like and have been diagnosed as being clinically depressed by a dr. and a therapist. I have taken medication which helped a lot but it is scary. From my experience there isn't really much anyone can do but please call if you need to talk because I've been there!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Al said...

i would suggest the same things you're already doing. this is what random 'professionals' have suggested to me in the the past (e.g., parents divorce, etc.)
so as much as it sucks to feel helpless, those things just may help
and calling al on occasion. it's ADA approved, you know

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a poor person to give advice on this sort of topic... I had a particularly rough patch about a year ago that only time healed...

But, short term advice? Find some free time for a vacation, if possible. And also, find the nearest good friend and ask for a really really long hug. (I'd offer one, but my arms aren't quite long enough to reach across a whole continent...) :D

10:37 PM  
Blogger jess said...

it isn't that i don't care.

i do.

but there isn't anything i can type on here that would help.

we'll talk soon.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter